Busility is a public transportation optimization app that provides the location of buses and their destinations. The app delivers alerts to commuters about approaching buses and can also plan trips to provide the optimum choice of buses/trams.
- The solution involves a sensor which is placed on the buses and transmits GPS fixes along with various other readings (temperature, air quality etc).
- Connectivity is achieved using LoRaWAN technology, messages are received by a network server and then forwarded to the Busility platform.
- A Kafka broker relays messages to interested consumers; for the initial demo, we used an Elasticsearch instance and a simple web interface based on ReactJS.
- The data could potentially be routed to other interested parties, and the architecture can easily scale.
- Local administration
- Public transportation administration